Career opportunities with a different kind of media planning and buying agency.
A smaller, more personal agency. Our culture and operating philosophy is focused on building close relationships amongst ourselves as Vectorians; and with our clients, creative agency partners, and media partners.
Vector Media is a well-established and respected member of the Canadian advertising industry. We have offices in Ottawa and Toronto and have opportunities for a “digital” Vectorian.
Vector’s got this. Every Vectorian delivers this client service promise – every day. We take care of the myriad details and complexities of managing paid media seamlessly, so Vector clients can focus on their key marketing priorities, whether they are operational, service or product-focused.
Read on to review current openings for Toronto office.
Digital Media Planner (FULL Time)
We have an immediate need for a new Vectorian. Working in Vector’s Toronto WeWork office our Digital Media Planner is responsible for the implementation of integrated digital media strategies for Vector’s key accounts.
This position is a hybrid, requiring an experienced individual with strong skills in both digital media planning & buying, and in digital analytics / assessment. You are detail-oriented, organized, articulate, and business-minded, and possess a strong mix of the following:
Media Strategist: Innovative, observant, visionary, trend-savvy, multidisciplinary, cool under pressure, a multi-tasker, and an effective collaborator, creative, bold, and strategic.
Digital Analyst: Data-hungry, strong numeracy and data visualization skills, curious and detail oriented, logical, a pattern-finder.
You are passionate about the role and impact that digital strategies have in the paid media mix and are abreast of the dynamic marketplace conditions and trends within the digital landscape.
In managing digital campaigns this Vectorian will continuously develop, monitor, and optimize digital strategies based on performance feedback and results, always working to deliver Client and campaign goals and objectives.
Working with our Sr. Digital Strategist and supported by a Digital Coordinator, you will:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s business
- Support and assist in the development of digital media plans based on client objectives that include data, insights and digital best practices
- Develop campaign measurement and KPIs based on stated campaign goals
- Personally execute and manage digital campaigns including negotiation, assessment/analytics and optimization
- Conduct regular formal campaign reporting, including insight and recommendations
- Supervise / assist in digital vendor invoice approval / reconciliation
- Budget control management and reporting
- Supervise development of production / technical requirements for campaign implementation
- Collaborate with and support external partners (i.e. creative resources, third party ad-serving, media vendors, etc.) to deliver on campaign objectives on time and on budget
- Evaluate digital media opportunities and author Agency POVs
- Update Vector team members and clients about trends in the Canadian digital marketplace
- Actively represent Vector Media in the Toronto digital / advertising community
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a digital media agency environment, executing and managing paid digital campaigns and strategies including search, display & video, programmatic, social (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of various digital media platforms such as, but not limited to; Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, etc.
- Experience in implementing and managing SEM accounts and campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of and utility with MS Excel and Word in an Apple Network environment
- An analytical thinker, with the ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to get things done, on budget, on time, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with deadlines from long to very short; and to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong time management & organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail are vital
- Comfortable working independently and on a team in a deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Enthusiastic work ethic and proactive approach with the ability to embrace change
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Working from Vector’s downtown Toronto office (1 University WeWork); regular travel to Vector’s head office in Ottawa
- Comprehensive benefits package
Why Vector Media
We are a growing, well-established media planning and buying agency with deep knowledge and experience in digital and traditional media channels.
We take great individual and collective pride in delivering uncommon levels of client service (“Vector’s got this!”) and paying serious attention to detail. As Vectorians, we’re a very diverse, food-obsessed bunch who truly enjoy each other’s company (bowling shirts are a company perk!).
Send a letter of interest and a C.V. (in .pdf or .doc format) to Karensa Williams (email@example.com). Be sure you tell us why Vector Media is of interest to you.