Career opportunities with a different kind of media planning and buying agency.
A smaller, more personal agency. Our culture and operating philosophy is focused on building close relationships amongst ourselves as Vectorians; and with our clients, creative agency partners, and media partners.
Vector Media is a well-established and respected member of the Canadian advertising industry. We have offices in Ottawa and Toronto and have opportunities for two new Vectorians.
Vector’s got this. Every Vectorian delivers this client service promise – every day. We take care of the myriad details and complexities of managing paid media seamlessly, so Vector clients can focus on their key marketing priorities, whether they are operational, service or product-focused.
Read on to review our three current openings for Ottawa and / or Toronto.
Send a letter of interest and a C.V. to Veronica Engelberts. Make sure you tell us why media and Vector might be of interest to you.
JUNIor Broadcast BUYER / coordinator
At Vector Media, every position is important. The Broadcast Buyer / Coordinator is Toronto-based hands-on, detail-oriented role supporting our Manager, Broadcast Activation + Strategy. You allow us to deliver the amazing quality and service Vector Media is known for. We strive to have a team that is passionate, goal-oriented and interested in the ever-changing world of media. We encourage growth within the company and we believe in rewarding hard work.
Working closely with the firm’s Manager, Broadcast Activation + Strategy you will:
- Negotiate and buy broadcast media campaigns for select clients and markets
- Liaise with broadcast media representatives and vendors, including participation in meetings and phone calls where appropriate
- Assist in final preparation of negotiated / approved broadcast schedules
- Prepare confirmed schedules and review contracts of all approved and final broadcast buys
- Prepare Broadcast Orders in Vector’s financial system for internal billing / tracking purposes
- Update broadcast schedules and broadcast orders to reflect make-goods and/or pre-emptions
- Assist in station negotiation of make-goods and campaign shortfalls
- Prepare and issue Broadcast Traffic instructions for approved / final broadcast campaigns
- Liaise with television broadcast production partners (i.e. creative agencies and their resources) as required
- Traffic radio dubs to approved campaign station lists
- Assist in development of pre-buy and post-buy campaign reporting
- Reconciliation of vendor invoice discrepancies
- Maintenance and upkeep of server client files and records
Time allocation: Media buying 30% / Media Coordination: 70%
Experience & Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PPT and Word) in an Apple network environment
- Six-months advertising agency (paid media experience preferred) or broadcaster experience (including relevant internships)
- Experience with contact / project management software or the ability to learn new software quickly (e.g., Daylight, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with high volume or complex spreadsheet data entry
- Experience with media system software; e.g. MediaOcean, Telmar, Infosys, nLogic etc… considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Ability to get things done, on budget, on time, while remaining positive.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work with deadlines from long to very short, and to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong time management & organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail are vital
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Enthusiastic work ethic and proactive approach with the ability to embrace change
- Working knowledge of the Canadian advertising industry and Canadian markets
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Working from Vector’s office in shared space in downtown Toronto (University & Queen St.)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Extra hours may be required to fulfill our client service promise
DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER
We have an immediate need for a new Vectorian. Working in Vector’s Toronto office our Digital Media Buyer is responsible for the hands-on execution of integrated paid digital media strategies for Vector’s key accounts.
The successful candidate is an experienced negotiator; an effective budgeter; is organized and cool under pressure; a multi-tasker; tech-savvy; detail oriented and articulate. You will also have strong, demonstrated experience with the technical aspects of digital campaign set up.
- Execute digital media buys across a diverse range of channels including web, mobile apps, search, programmatic and social platforms, video, gaming experiences, etc. that are specifically targeted to a client’s audience with the intension of delivering a unique, innovative and meaningful brand experience
- Conduct regular analysis of digital strategies and campaigns, providing performance insights and recommendations for optimization to internal, client and partner teams
- Maintain dashboard reports in a variety of formats, (i.e. Tableau, excel and in PPT, etc.)
- Liaise with client marketing and agency (creative & production) teams to coordinate delivery of all digital creative assets and requirements
- Develop and manage / foster strong partnerships with key digital vendors and suppliers (i.e. creative agencies, third party ad server, etc.)
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in commerce, marketing, advertising, business, computer science, new media or related field
- +3 years of work experience in digital agency / media agency environment
What will make me stand out?
- Being a trend-savvy, data-savvy digital enthusiast
- Demonstrating complete technological fluency
- An ability to think and adapt to continual change in the digital realm
- Keen interest in building proficiency with analytics tools and technologies
- Strong work ethic; ability to work independently / in team that is deadline-driven + client-first
Why Vector Media
We are a well-established media planning and buying agency with deep knowledge and experience in digital and traditional media channels. We take great individual and collective pride in delivering uncommon levels of client service (“Vector’s on it!”) and paying serious attention to detail. As Vectorians, we’re a very diverse, food-obsessed bunch who truly enjoy each other’s company (bowling shirts are a company perk!).
Send a letter of interest and a C.V. (in .pdf or .doc format) to Veronica Engelberts. Make sure you tell us why media and Vector might be of interest to you.